Monday 23 September 2013

Kayaking for the First Time at Labuan

In the name of Allah, most gracious and most merciful. All praise and thanks are due to Allah, praise and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Finally I capable to join canoe program hosting by the Mosque Committee which under surveillance by the Civil Defense Department (JPAM) even tough am waking up a lil bit late, phewww~ Hey, it's my first time I could put my hands on the canoe ever since am staying here for the rest two years in Labuan for god sake!

We've been instruct to gather in front of the G-shop before moving together to the campus beach for the activity. Later then, after performing our Dhuha pray together am excluding we're doing warm up which conducted by Yanto.

After the brief talk about the safety by JPAM, then, here it goes... kayaking time! However, since there wasn't enough canoe, me and my friends decided to take the 2nd round session. So, while waiting, were playing volleyball together with Una, Kc, Miy and A'an.

When it comes to our turn, Miy doesn't want to join us as her arm cramped due to the effect of playing volleyball. Still, I wanna experience canoeing here in Labuan with few friends of mine and we choose to have triple-seat-canoe and I'll be in the middle.

How funny it was when thinking of the canoe getting over us upside-down as we haven't noticed the huge wave in front us. As soon as am getting A'an as am eager to know bout her condition, as the canoe was over her and I can still enjoyed the moment for real. Weirdo!

However, the incident won't let us down. We continue across the ocean and put a 'spell' while we're rowing the canoe. Left... right... left... right... left... right repeatedly so that we could keep rowing accordingly, hahaha... Rowing till we lead among all of the group and then we stopped as if we're tired of rowing.

As there's still got 1 hour and a half, am accompanying A'an to play with the beach. It's been a long time I haven't swim and finally I could! We enjoy playing with Dayah and the juniors too.


Row for R4BIA, four to show our support towards them.


The post event pics were taken from the photographer of the day, Jafar Darma. The compilation video was credited to him as well, enjoy!





After taking lunch together, we're went off back to the hostel. Thanks to Una as she kindly send me to the hostel with the motorcycle as she knew how unfortunate my condition was. 

Since I've experienced canoe previously back then at Langkawi when am representing my school, I knew the basic and I haven't had the difficulties to handle the situation especially when the canoe went upside-down. Luckily my arms haven't suffering as am no longer a sports person now. *sigh*

Overall, I like the way they approach these juniors and how they manage to minimize the gap in between us. How I really wish to join any of such activities in future then. May these ukhwah fillah remain and blessings be upon us all. Ameen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hai awak. thanks for visiting my blog :) btw salam kenal :)

Unknown said...

hai balik! sama2, kite suka baca blog orang yg appear randomly kat tl twitter. salam kenal!